This is gonna be your go to caprese bruschetta from here on out! It’s packed with lots of flavor using very few ingredients, AND it’s gluten-free.
A caprese is a salad using fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil. So, this is a caprese bruschetta, because we are setting it on top of gluten-free bread.
You’ll need only a few ingredients for this gluten-free caprese bruschetta:
- gluten-free bread
- fresh tomato
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil slices
- balsamic vinegar & olive oil
How To Make Gluten-Free Caprese Bruschetta:
Rub a halved garlic clove all over bread, then brush with olive oil.
Toast bread for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown.
Mince garlic half and add to balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir.
Layer bruschetta with bread on bottom, then tomato, mozzarella and then basil to top.
Drizzle balsamic sauce over top of each bruschetta piece while still warm.
Tip: Mince your garlic while the bread toasts. Then you can serve the bruschetta warm, which tastes amazing!
This really is the most amazing appetizer. You will absolutely love this gluten-free caprese bruschetta.
I came across a recipe years ago that added minced garlic to balsamic for serving. Which really makes this dish just perfect.
I literally eat these almost once a week. They are incredibly tasty and perfect for a crowd, a quick lunch, or for a romantic date appetizer!
Caprese Bruschetta (Gluten-Free)
- 4 slices gluten-free baguette (you can use gluten-free bread or bagel also)
- 1 tomato (medium sized)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 leaves fresh basil (large leaves)
- fresh mozzarella ball (small, 4 slices)
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil (California)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bread slices on sided baking sheet.
- Cut garlic clove in half, and set aside other half.
- Rub all four pieces of bread thoroughly, on both sides, with halved garlic clove.
- Then brush all bread pieces with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, both sides.
- Bake bread slices in oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- While bread is toasting, mince both garlic halves and place in small dish.
- Add remaining olive oil (1 tbsp.) to minced garlic, along with balsamic vinegar.
- Add kosher salt and pepper to taste, then stir thoroughly.
- When bread is toasted, place one slice of tomato on top of each bread piece.
- Top each tomato slice with one slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Chiffonade basil then distribute evenly on top of each piece of mozzarella.
- While toast is still warm, pour balsamic mixture evenly over all four bread pieces.
- Now, grab a napkin.