I could seriously make this gluten-free wrap with my eyes closed. I’ve been making it forever! And I hope after reading this post, you will be on your way to also making it for an eternity 😉
This week I’ve had some fun sharing with you some recipes I actually make at home quite a bit. On Wednesday I shared a gluten-free pizza recipe that is a seriously so easy to make. Especially if you don’t have gluten-free pizza dough on hand. You simply use a gluten-free wrap!
That’s what I did here for this sandwich wrap. Alot of times I have Mission tortillas in the fridge in bulk. My son loves his gluten-free dairy free pizza that I make with the yellow corn tortillas (I’ll be sure to share that recipe on the blog soon! It’s perfect for kiddos with dairy allergies!). And I make gluten-free sandwich wraps constantly with them.
I’ve mentioned before that I’m not much of a gluten-free bread person. I DO love it for making bread crumbs to coat chicken. And I use it during the holidays for stuffing and other dishes. But for the most part, if I’m eating a sandwich or burger, I use either lettuce or gluten-free tortilla wraps.
This sandwich is wonderful. It’s perfect for the Spring and Summer. So clean and fresh, yet loaded with a ton of stuff so your belly feels full in the end!
Things you’ll need for this Gluten Free Wrap:
- one gluten-free soft taco tortilla
- freshly cooked, cold chicken
- red onion
- raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing
Now, those are the main components you’ll need for this wrap, but I add a bit more. I also use fresh basil and provolone cheese. They just add to the taste. The best part about this gluten-free wrap, however, is the dressing.
I use Ken’s Steakhouse Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette dressing for these gluten-free wraps. It COMPLETES this wrap! It is incredible with all these ingredients. Trust me, you’ll love it! I usually have this dressing on hand during the Spring and Summer in the fridge.
These wraps are so quick and easy to make, you won’t believe it. They take no time at all, yet taste like they’ve been assembled for hours! So so good.
Go make these over the weekend! I’ll make one for lunch then it’s onto grilling out tonight.
I’d love it if you could RATE AND COMMENT if you make this recipe, or any other recipe on the blog. Hearing from you is the best.
Gluten-Free Wrap With Chicken And Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1 gluten-free soft tortilla (I used Mission Gluten-Free Soft Taco Tortillas here)
- fresh baby arugula
- fresh basil leaves (in pieces)
- thinly sliced red onions
- freshly cooked, cold chicken chunks (you can make in the oven OR use a rotisserie chicken (Kirkland labels it ‘has no gluten’))
- avocado slices
- pieces of provolone cheese (Bel Gioioso is labeled gluten-free)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- kosher salt and ground black peppercorn (to taste)
- Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Dressing (I use Ken’s Steakhouse, which is labeled gluten-free)
- Heat a skillet to medium or medium-high on the stovetop.
- Place gluten-free soft tortilla onto dry, hot skillet.
- Let cook on each side, approximately 1 minute on each side. I like mine to brown and bubble slightly, so that the tortilla is more durable. Just don’t overcook it, as it will crack when you fold it!
- Carefully take tortilla off stovetop when finished, and plate.
- Once it cools, be sure your gluten-free tortilla is laid flat, then add ingredients on top.
- Add ingredients so that they are in a thick, long line near the center of the tortilla.
- Add in this order: a layer of arugula, basil pieces, onion slices, then chicken chunks, avocado, provolone pieces, then sprinkle salt and pepper all over.
- Lastly, pour raspberry walnut vinaigrette all over ingredients with your desired amount.
- Carefully fold over tortilla and DIG IN! Grab a napkin. Or paper towels. Or simply wear a bib!!
- Note: Stovetop times and temps may vary, so heat your tortilla according to your own appliance strength!*I did not include specific amounts for ingredients here, as everyone makes wraps differently. I like mine stuffed to the T 🙂