Winter salads are so wonderful. Let’s call this one a gluten-free chicken salad for winter time.
This salad is the best. You can cozy up to it for a hearty meal. And it is so easy to make!
What Makes This Gluten-Free Chicken Salad AMAZING?
- It’s served warm, not cold.
- The seasoning lies in the chicken, not the lettuce.
- It can keep you warm and cozy in the winter time.
- It’s gluten-free!
I’ve always admired clean, fresh salads. One of my favorites is this pomegranate apple kale salad. But there is something about a warm winter salad!
The chicken here is served warm, right off the skillet. It then makes the romaine lettuce wilt slightly when mixing, which actually adds flavor to the salad as a whole.
You’ll only need a few ingredients for this warm winter salad:
- romaine lettuce (or any kind you prefer)
- horseradish mustard (dijon works great too)
- balsamic vinegar (real balsamic is best)
How To Make A Winter Gluten-Free Chicken Salad:
In a skillet, cook onions for about ten minutes until softened.
Add cubed chicken and cook until almost browned.
Add garlic and cook for another two minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly and cook for a few minutes on low.
Serve chicken and sauce over a bed of lettuce.
A chicken salad with amazing flavors that you can serve warm. When you’re done, you’ll feel full! My husband does NOT like salad, but he LOVES this gluten-free chicken salad!
Let me know what you think if you make this recipe! I’D LOVE TO HEAR IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
Looking for another awesome salad without the meat? Try This: Gluten-Free Zucchini Salad With Blue Cheese
Gluten-Free Chicken Salad
A fantastic chicken salad that incorporates a ton of flavor with chicken and simple lettuce.
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil California
- 2 pounds Good boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar traditional will not contain gluten most likely, but is rather expensive.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard most brands are gluten-free
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts look for gluten-free label OR 'made in facility with other nuts.' You can also buy whole.
- freshly ground peppercorn and kosher salt to taste
- romaine lettuce or mixed greens
- freshly grated parmesan cheese Parmigiano-Reggiano is best
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add chicken to skillet.
- After one minute, add garlic to chicken.
- Cook chicken until golden brown, stirring regularly.
- Turn heat to low, then add balsamic vinegar.
- Stir for one minute and coat.
- Add honey and mustard to skillet.
- Toss to coat, then turn off heat completely.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Top romaine lettuce with chicken mixture in a large bowl.
- Freshly grate parmesan cheese over salad.
For More Winter Salad Ideas, Check Out These Beauties From Food & Wine Magazine!